How to make Laadi Pav at Home. Below is the video step by step instructions for the recipe to make Home Made Eggless Laadi Pav in Oven. Using this recipe the Laadi Pav is soft, fluffy, and delicious. You will never buy Pav from the market after tasting this recipe. In this Home Made Eggless Laadi Pav in Oven recipe, we are using milk powder which will help the Laadi Pav to make soft and fluffy.
The trick to making soft and sponge Laadi Pav is that dough must be kneaded for at least 15 minutes after adding all the ingredients. Kneading dough continuously for a longer time activates the gluten in it which helps the dough rise and become soft. Don’t be miser while kneading the dough, this is the right mantra to get the perfect Laadi Pav.
Ever wondered how to make Pav-Bhaji Pav? Pav bhaji is the favorite snack for everyone. While making fresh bhaji is easy but in the era, of adulteration getting fresh Laadi Pav is a tough job. Below is an easy, tasty, and soft Laadi Pav recipe that can be easily made using available ingredients at home. I prefer using dry yeast as it has always given me good results as compared to the instant yeast. You can also use the instant yeast if available which does not require much time for activation.
While making balls from dough make sure your balls are smooth and crack-free & make equal size balls. Place the balls in a tin at some distance from each other. This will give some space for the pav to expand and take its shape. After placing balls in the greased tin, rest it for 1-1.5 hours in a warm place so that the dough can rise and take the shape of Pav. Bake this in a pre-heated oven at 180-degree celsius for 20 minutes or until you get the golden top.
Pav Recipe | Laadi Pav | Home Made Pav | Eggless Pav in Oven
- 6*6 inch sqaure cake tin
- 2½ Cups Maida
- 1 Cup Milk Milk should be warm and not boiling hot as boiling hot milk will kill the yeast
- 3 tsp Yeast Dry Yeast
- 3 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter 1 tbsp butter for dough and 1 tbsp butter for brushing
Activating the Yeast
- In warm milk add sugar and mix well.
- Add yeast and mix it lightly. Rest this for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes the yeast should become frothy. If your yeast doesn't become frothy repeat the process again.
Dough for Laadi Pav
- In an activated yeast add milk powder, salt, and maida. Mix the ingredients well. Add 1-2 tbsp of water if required.
- Initially, the pav dough may stick to your hands but continuous kneading will make it perfect. The dough must be soft and elastic.
- Add 1 tbsp butter and knead it for at least 15 minutes. Kneading continuously for a longer time activates gluten which helps the dough rise.
- In a container apply some butter. Place the dough and apply butter on top. Cover this with a cling wrap or wet cloth and place this in a warm place for one hour.
- After one hour you will see that dough has doubled in size.
- After one hour when the dough size is doubled apply butter on the tin. I am using a 6*6 cake tin and generally, pav size is 2*2 hence I will make 9 (36/4) equal-sized balls from the dough. You can adjust the calculation as per your tin size.
- Make 9 equal round shaped balls from the dough. The balls should be smooth and crack-free.
- Place the balls in the greased tin at some distance from each other. This will allow the pav to expand and take its shape. Refer to the video for more information.
- Rest this in a warm place for 1-1.5 hours until the pav takes the shape as below.
Baking the Laadi Pav
- When the Laadi Pav takes its shape apply butter on the top.
- Bake this in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celcius for 20 minutes or until you get the golden top.
- Tasty Laadi pav is ready.
- Knead the dough well on a flat surface for at least 15 minutes. Don’t reduce this time.
- Make sure you use warm water to activate the yeast. Hot boiling water will kill the yeast.
- The milk-Sugar-Yeast solution must be frothy after 10 minutes of resting time. If it doesn’t become frothy your yeast may have expired or milk was too warm. Repeat the process again with fresh ingredients.
- Rest the dough in a warm place. This will help the dough rise quickly.