Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe or Burger Tikki Recipe with video step by step instructions is discussed below in detail. When visiting any fast-food chain restaurant Burger is the favorite recipe for everyone. A crispy layer of Tikki added with the tangy sauce and soft bread fills the mouth with water. Aloo Tikki Burger is a quick snack loved by kids during snack time. You can make the Aloo Tikki Burger healthier by adding more vegetables and using atta burger buns.
Many recipes of Aloo Tikki Burger on the internet use eggless mayonnaise in making sauce but I prefer using hung curd. Adding hung curd gives it a better, creamy, and tangy taste. Let me know in the comments if you like the sauce made with hung curd.
To make hung curd for Aloo Tikki Burger recipe, keep the curd in a sieve or muslin cloth and hang it for overnight.
Tikki’s of Aloo Tikki Burger is made crisp by dipping them in breadcrumbs and deep-frying. If you want to make a healthier Tikki you can bake the Tikki at 180-degree celsius for 20-25 minutes. You can also shallow fry the Tikki.
Generally, Aloo Tikki Burger tastes well with the use of burger buns but you can also use bread as a substitute if not available.
This is a simple Aloo Tikki Burger recipe where I have used boil potatoes and peas. You can also add other vegetables like carrot, beans to add more flavor and healthiness.
For grilling the burger buns after you have placed your ingredients you can grill them in the microwave oven for 3-4 minutes or you can cook them on Tawa using butter.
This delicious Aloo Tikki Burger recipe can be used for your kid’s birthday party as well and it can be served with potato chips or fries to add more crunchiness.
Aloo Tikki Burger Recipe | Burger Tikki Recipe
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Bread Crumbs To make Bread Crumbs, toast two pieces of bread in toaster or microwave. Grind the toasted bread in a grinder to make bread crumbs.
- 4 tbsp Hung Curd To make hung curd, put curd in muslin cloth or sieve and hang it for overnight.
- Black Pepper As per taste
- Red Chilli Powder As per taste
- Coriander Powder As per taste
- Garam Masalar As per taste
- 6 Potato Boiled
- 50 grams Peas Boiled
- 2 tbsp Poha or Flattedned Rice This ingredient is optional. It is used to absorb water from the mashed potato. Used only if you feel your potato mixture is moist.
- Sliced tomato and onion You can also use other vegetables as per taste.
- Salt As per taste
- 8 Burger Buns You can use bread as a substitute for burger buns.
- 3 tbsp Maida
- To make burger sauce, in one bowl add hung curd, tomato ketchup, sugar and black pepper. Mix well to get a smooth consistency.
- On a plate mash boiled potato and peas Add salt, garam masala, red chilli powder, coriander powder and black pepper as per taste. Mix the mash well to get dough like consistecy.
- If you feel that dough is moist add poha or flattened rice to absorb water. You can skip this step if the dough is not mosit.
- Shape the dough in the shape and size of burger buns.
- In a bowl mix maida with 1 cup of water to get a thick maida paste.
- Dip the prepared tikki in maida paste and bread crumbs to get an even coating.
- Deep fry the coeated Tikki in oil or ghee on a low flame.
- On the flattended side of burger bun apply burger sauce which we prepared earlier.
- Place the fried Tikki on top. Put sliced onion, tomato and other vegetables as required.
- Cover the bun with the round side and apply some butter on top.
- Grill the burger in griller or OTG for 4-5 minutes or cook it on tawa.
- Tasty Aloo tikki Burgers are ready, serve them hot with tomato ketchup and chips.
- You can use bread as a substitute for burger buns.
- You can also use eggless mayonnaise as a substitute for hung curd.