Crispy Fried Corn Kernels recipe with a detailed video recipe and step by step instructions. Crispy Fried Corn Kernels is an interesting and popular fried snack made with corn kernels. Crispy Fried Corn Kernels is a popular recipe at buffets at various restaurants. Making Crispy Corn at home is easy and a quick snack recipe and can be used in a starter meal. Loved by everyone below is the Crispy Fried Corn Kernels recipe.
Crispy Corn is a snack made by frying the corns coated with cornflour and flavoring it with spices. Crispy Fried Corn Kernels are made by restaurants by various ingredients like corn flour, rice flour, or eggs. Today I will be sharing Crispy Fried Corn Kernels recipe using cornflour and ingredients which are easily available at home. To make the Crispy Corn Kernels recipe healthier you can grill the corn in a microwave or oven.
Always use the fresh sweet corn for making Crispy Corn, sometimes the frozen corn has not yielded a good result for me. If you are using frozen corn, thaw them until they are soft and remove excess water using a towel. The less moisture in the corn more they are crispier. If there is more water in the corn, corn may stick together while frying.
Always be cautious while deep frying the corn as sometimes the corn may burst out and oil may splash on you. You can also cover the frying pot with a steel mesh or reverse the steel basket to prevent oil splashing on you. It is advisable not to have kids in the kitchen while frying the corn.
While you are making crispy corns, you can also watch my recipe on crispy ‘Dahi ke Sholay or Bread Curd Fire Rolls‘ which is a tasty snack and goes well with the crispy corns.
Crispy Fried Corn Recipe
- 200 grams Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsp Corn Flour You can also use maida as a substitute
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Red Chilli Powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Ghee or Oil Required for deep frying
Boiling the Corn
- In a cooking pot add water. Add so much water such that corns are submerged in the water.
- When the water starts boiling add the corns and salt as per taste.
- Boil the corn for 4-5 minutes.
Cornflour Coating on the Boiled Corn
- Using a sieve to remove water from the corn and add cornflour. Mix the cornflour well.
- Cool it for 15-20 minutes.
Deep fry the Corn
- In a frying pot add ghee or oil as required for deep frying.
- When the ghee or oil is hot deep fry the corn on high flame till it turns golden red.
- Take out the crispy corn on tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- In a bowl add corn, onion, salt, red chili powder, and lemon juice & mix well.
- Crispy Fried Corn is ready and serve it hot and crispy.
- While deep frying the crispy fried corn, be careful as sometimes the corn may pop out.
- Serve this dish hot otherwise it will become soggy